Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

Can you beleieve it...I'm 28!!! Just to let you all know, next year will be my last birthday; I'm going to stay 29 forever. Thanks so much for all of the gifts and warm wishes. I really had a great time. Wes and I had a really nice dinner at a local coffee shop/cafe in Danville. I have a pumpkin ravioli salad. It was amazing. The cake I got it a local favorite in Pennsylvania, choclate cake with peanut butter frosting. It was a little tricky finding something small enough just for the two of us.



Just to update you on the internship; I am currently working with patients in the ICU. 3 patients have already died on me! One lady just came in with a really bad stomach ache and she died 6 days later. So do me a favor Dana, Jessie and Mom, go see the doctor if you have a stomach ache for longer than 2 days! Next week I start working with kids and I am a little nervous.
Tuesday I went to Harrisburg, PA (the capitol) and talked to State Senators and Representatives. We were lobbying for increased insurance coverage for Dietitians. The capital was beautiful! We even got to sit in on some meetings/chambers (not sure what it is called). I was suprised because half of the people were not even paying attention and it was a little chaotic. The guy sitting in the chair is state representative Millard. Sharon, our internship director is on the far right. The rest of the girls are the other interns.


5 comments:

Tiff said...

Happy belated Birthday! Looks like you've been busy! Have you seen my brother lately? Also my class sent you guys a letter, so be looking for it.

The Dunn's said...

Oh Happy Happy Birthday Sandy!!! I have been thinking about you latley, but haven't had much time with all this crazy stuff going on. Sure hope you had a great day.
Love -Clover

The Dunn's said...

Love your hair btw!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Just thought it was funny when the boys were looking at your picture's Conner said "mom, Aunt Sandy sorta if starting to look like you if she didn't have glasses!" I'm sorry, guess you are getting older!