Monday, April 27, 2009

Ft. Frederick

Flat Stanley and I finally made it to our campsite. Spent a few minutes getting camp set up and made it to Ft. Frederick. We went that night, and then back again the next morning. The fort was really cool, and there was a lot of neat stuff for sale. The event going on was called the Market Fair. It is a reenactment of a French and Indian War Era "rendezvous". Probably the best thing I saw was a reenactment of a circus. I guess they started as only 2 people travelling around telling jokes and doing tricks and stuff. The guy had on a bright outfit and did some pretty cool stuff with strings and ropes.
I was shopping around, watching demonstrations and something tragic happened. I put Flat Stan down to look at some cups and never picked him up. I didn't notice until I was about to get on the train in D.C. I sort of freaked out. I had wanted to put Stan in a bunch of pictures to send to Tiff's class. I had planned on writing a letter to the class telling about our adventures like Flat Stanley really came to visit. So I felt sort of foolish for actually being sad that I lost my little friend Flat Stanley ( WIIIIIILLLLSON!!!)

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Stanley called and said he purposely ran away because you kept grabbing him in the nuts!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a sweet trip! I like the whole Flat Stanley concept too, if your sister is interested I would be willing to show him around Portland, or take him with me for a work trip. I should tell you though, I think Flat Stanley ran away! Could it have been the inappropriate touching at Ft. Frederick?

Unknown said...

Holy crap....Tiff, get out of my head!!