Monday, August 25, 2008

Settling in

Well I think we have to declare ourselves settled. I have some pictures but am waiting for my memory card reader from newegg. I lost my camera cable, and of course its something made special for Nikon's so I can't just get a replacement at a local store.

I don't think we have been able to say thanks enough to all our friends and especially families who have lent us an immeasurable amount of support so far. We appreciate everything!

I had my first day at work today. I am serving at a place called BJ's Steak and Rib House. It seems really cool, it is upscale casual, so I am surprised they hired me with no waiting experience. I got complimented by management today for looking "very nice" and they were "very impressed that I pressed my shirt". The food is really good, 1 perk is I get a lunch item for FREE every day I work. Check it all out at http://www.bjsribs.com/indexhome.cfm

All in all, things are going more easily and less stressful than I think we both anticipated. One thing that is harder for me than I thought is being away from Gabe and Katherine. I knew it would be tough, but I could even look at their pictures the first week I was here without choking up. I mean I'm their Godfather! What happens if I need to make someone an offer they can't refuse!? Its a little hard from 2,000 miles away. But I know they have enough great people to look out for them while I'm away. Luckily I have a good source of pictures in my sister. I have made a screen saver with the pictures she puts on her blog and its easy as pie to add more when she posts them.

Well we enjoy reading your comments, if you would like to read one but don't know how you simply have to click the little comment link on the bottom of each post, it will open a new window you can type in. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Glad you found a good job! Your post was sad. The babies miss you too. Guess what, Gabe is ALMOST sleeping through the night! Yea!