Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back In Touch!

Well, we made it to Danville. Even more importantly, we got our internet today. I am happy because our internet is pretty dang fast for the price. We went with a local company, and so far we are actually getting the speed we are paying for, so I am happy.

We are also finally settled completely in our apartment. Sandy has been painting chairs and my old desk the past few days, they look really nice, my desk looks like an expensive piece now (if you ignore the dings and dents, which are tough to paint over).

Our apartment is nicer than I had dare let myself hope. The apartments don't open to the outside, they open to a central hallway. Its pretty funny because the central hallway smells sort of musty and the carpet is really old, so I was sort of freaking out until we opened the door to our place and saw that it is freshly remodeled. Tile flooring the in the kitchen and bath, newer appliances. It also came equipped with a few luxuries like a washer and drier and a dishwasher. The bathtub is a little old, its bright blue, and so is the tile around it on the wall, but we have made the best. Sandy has a bright colored shower curtain and we both had bright towels. I also hung my clay sun that I painted in bright colors, I dare say it looks downright nice in there now.

And they are supposed to get new carpet in the common areas outside the apartments so that's nice. Pretty quiet place too, which is nice.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can, both of the apartment and the area. Until then. Ciao!

3 comments:

Kirk said...

Yeah!! I'm glad to hear you guys made it there ok and that it's not do bad! . . . Can't wait to see the pix!

Tiff said...

Well, you always were into retro right? I think a bright blue tub kinds fits you! Gotta get some pics posted.

Tiff said...

P.S.
When are you comin' home? I miss you already!!!