Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What makes Hershey's so Great?

As Sandy and I found out on our recent trip to Hershey, PA: Its the Milk Chocolate!


We went down to see the Hershey's Candy Lane, which is basically what the Hershey Park becomes around the holidays. The roller coasters were closed, but we were able to ride some of the smaller rides. I can't wait to go back in summer, the roller coasters look awesome. It was pretty fun, and a lot of the candy was really reduced after Christmas. The tour (complete with singing cows) is a fun little ride that you get to see how all the chocolate is made.














Above are some pictures from the tour. Some bags of candy going along conveyor belt, and some Hershey's Kisses. And below is one of my favorite pics. Once we saw this Twizzlers guy, we immediately thought of Sandy's Grandma Peterson. For those of you who don't know her: saying she loves Twizzlers is an understatement.


4 comments:

Tiff said...

I am jealous! A whole town devoted to chocolate, I'm not sure it gets better!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Chocolate. Sounds like a fun weekend! Looks cold, though!

Hey, totally unrelated: could I hire you to take my online physics or calculus courses for me? Just a thought.

Emma wants to see more pictures of Sputnik!

hOLlY said...

Sandy!!! Just found your blog! glad to see that you are doing well!

Tiff said...

Thanks for sending all the kisses. The family liked all of them. My favorite was caramel, but the resounding favorite was Truffle.