Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh My Gosh! It's been a month since our last blog. I have been so busy. Clinical rotations are much more difficult than Food Service. There is way more homework and more projects but I only have 15 more weeks and then I'm done. I can't wait!

Now I have moved on to working with general surgery patients and soon gastric bypass patients. I'm not sure how I will like working with gastric bypass patients but I'm sure it will be a real eye opener. I am starting to understand that there are many people who really just do know what a healthy, well-balanced diet is. I thought it was pretty common sense--eat more fruits and vegetables and limit high fat, high sugar foods. But I talk to so many people who have no clue. After seeing all the medical complications due to excess weight , it really makes me motivated to lose weight and stay healthy. Listen to me...I'm really starting to sound like a crazy dietitian.

I hope everyone is doing well! We miss you all and I can't wait to see everyone this August.

Thanks for all the love on Valentine's Day. Grandma Hansen, the card was great and SO true. I can't tell you have many times I have done that. Thanks, it made me smile!

Kellie congratulations on the birth of your son, Brigham. He's so cute!

No comments: