Thursday, August 12, 2010

Weekend Adventures with Mom

Last weekend was such a blast with my Mom. First thing on our agenda, going to the NW Street of Dreams (aka Parade of Homes). This house just sold for 1.7 million dollars. It was ridiculously HUGE. As I was walking around I just kept thinking, who would live here? It's so excessive. It kind of makes you a little sick realizing that people can have that much money to spend on a house just because they can.
We also checked out two downtown Penthouses. They had floor to ceiling windows with great views of downtown. They rented for $5,500 per month...seriously!

Second on our list was going to the Food and Wine Festival. I ate mussels for the first time and they really weren't that bad but they sure do look gross.
Surprisingly the best thing I had at the festival was peanut butter and jelly sandwich but this was not an ordinary PB&J. This one was grilled on challah bread with marionberry jam, hazelnut butter and blue cheese (I absolutely love blue cheese!!!!) I know it sounds weird but even my Mom kind of liked it.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

That sounds like a great weekend. You are right, mussels look gross. I still don't have the stomach for them. I don't take after the rest of my family who will eat almost anything-especially Wes!