Saturday, October 24, 2009

Apartment

Finally, I've posted some pictures of our apartment. Sorry if these pictures and a bit disheveled but I got sick of trying to adjust them so your just going to have to deal with it.











This is the living room. That coffee table was $20 from IKEA, what an awesome deal!



This is the view from our living room. We are overlooking the Tualatin Nature Park. The view is nice but all the snakes, slugs, and spiders are not! The slugs are what really gross me out. You have to be so careful when walking to the parking lot; they are all over the sidewalk. I haven't stepped on one yet but I can only imagine the kind of sound it would make if I did.




This is our lovely fireplace and dining room. When I first moved in, my Mom and I had a lot of ideas and the orange stripes was one of them. It's just fabric adhered to the wall using liquid starch. It's really easy and great for apartment living because I can just peel it off, wipe the liquid starch off the wall and it's like nothing was there. I tried to find some great printed fabric but I had to settle with plain orange so I'm thinking of painting/stenciling something on the thicker, middle line but I'm waiting until Wes gets home to see what he thinks. Anyone have any suggestions?


Here's the lovely kitchen. It is small but it's open to the living room so I can just sit there and watch TV while I cook which I quite enjoy. Surprisingly, there is more cupboard space than we had in PA so no boxes on top of the cupboards!
















Oh the infamous washer/dryers that barely fits in the bathroom. I absolutely HATED this when we moved in but now I'm used to it and it's not as bad as I thought.



The bedroom. I was so indecisive trying to choose a bedspread...it was driving my Mom crazy. But I finally decided on this and Wes really likes it.












This is our bedroom balcony. Nothing too exciting about this...it overlooks the parking lot. It's really weird but our only windows are sliding glass doors so we don't get took much sunlight. In the living room, it is not that bad but the bedroom gets pretty dark.


Finally, a cute picture of Sid lounging on the couch. I think I might be getting the hang of all this dog stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new digs (including the orange stripes!) And yes, IKEA is awesome! We just burned through that gift certificate you two gave us. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

The Dunn's said...

It looks great. Now you can come & do my house!:)