Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Enjoying the weather

Hey. Haven't posted in a while, things have been pretty busy.

Last Saturday we went to Knoebel's Theme Park. Its only about 20 minutes away from our apartment. It is an old fashioned amusement park, you buy tickets and pay for each ride you want to go on, but the prices are reasonable. It is home to the Pheonix which is one of the best roller coasters in the world and has been called the best wooden roller coaster. They also have the Twister which is an even bigger wooden coaster. Both were a lot better than I expected.

This week is the Bloomsburg Fair, and Sandy and I went last night. This fair is the biggest in all of Pennsylvania. I would say its almost as big as the Utah state fair. It was pretty fun, we mostly looked at all the animals especially the fancy chickens and rabbits. The agriculture part was pretty awesome, there were some really huge vegetables. The winning pumpkin was 1024 pounds.

Now on to the food. Pennsylvanians love these things called perogies. They are like big raviolies stuffed with mashed potatoes and cheese and then deep fried. They are awesome. At first Sandy and I were both a little skeptical be we like them now. We also had a real candied apple, it had a thin crunchy candy coating on the outside of a super ripe apple- it was amazing, and a mess, we were both red for a while. And I bought some fresh cashews from a little old lady, and they were really good.

Lastly, today has been another perfect weather day. I rode my bike to Bloomsburg, It was a little more uphill on the way home than I expected, but overall an awesome ride. I gotta go, I am cooking dinner and need to go work on it.


Well thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Sounds like you've been having fun! Have you had any time to think about your little family in Utah?